All marathon, relay and maraFUNrun finishers will receive a race specific finisher’s medallion. Marathon and maraFUNrun finishers will receive their medallion upon crossing the finish line. Relay finishers will receive their medallion at the end of their relay leg.
Course record information is available here.
All marathon age group and relay division awards are determined by chip (net) time.
Custom awards will be mailed to the top three finishers in the following divisions:
|19 & under||45-49||75-79|
|20-24||50-54||80 & over|
Relay team awards will be mailed to the top three teams in the following categories:
Check back for a category listing.
Finishers medals for all runners. There will be no overall awards.
CIM Prize Money
|Place||Open Division||Masters Division|
Prize Money Notes
- In 2015, the CIM will offer a $5,000 Course Record bonus to the man and/or woman who resets the course record(s) (Men 2:10:27, Women 2:27:33). Only the new record holder(s) are eligible for the bonus.
- In 2015, the CIM will offer an Olympic Trials bonus for any American achieving the A Standard (2:15:00 men/2:37:00 women) or B Standard (2:18:00 men/2:43:00 women). The payout will be $2,500 for an A Standard or $1,000 for a B Standard.
- Equal amounts awarded to men and women.
- Masters are athletes ages 40 and over on race day. Masters are also eligible for open prize money.
- All CIM prize money will be determined by gun (official) time.
CIM Awards Ceremony
An awards ceremony will be held at the CIM finish line to honor the top 3 men and women. The men’s award ceremony will be held at approximately 9:45am, the women’s at 9:50am.
Code of Ethics Statement:
In order to apply for elite entry and race for prize money at the CIM, athletes should have a clean drug test record.
The CIM will immediately disqualify any athlete that tests positive for using performance enhancing drugs, and CIM will no longer recruit that athlete for future races. Prize money and incentive bonuses will not be awarded to athletes that test positive for performance enhancing drugs. Athletes returning from a drug suspension will no longer be actively recruited, and they will not be offered food, lodging, and travel assistance to the CIM or any other Sacramento Running Association events.
Elite Application Form
Please complete the 2016 CIM Elite Application form for consideration towards CIM 2016.
Pacific Association/USATF Athletes
The 2015 CIM is the Pacific Association/USATF Marathon Championship for all age divisions. The PAUSATF ‘COMP’ list of all the 2013 Grand Prix award winners (Long Distance Section) will receive complimentary entries. Comped athletes must go to the PA/USATF Road Racing schedule page for information about how to register. To become a PA/USATF member visit this LINK.
PA-USATF Prize Money
The awarding of all PA-USATF prize money will be determined according to Grand Prix rules and managed by PA-USATF.
|Super Senior Men/Women||Individual||1||$25|
|Super Senior Men/Women||Teams||1||$35|
Have you run the CIM a few times? Are you approaching your 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th or maybe even 30th CIM? If so, welcome to the Loyal Runner Club! Learn more about the Loyal Runners program HERE.