Want to run the best CIM possible this December? Looking for a marathon PR? Feel like you need one-on-one advice to achieve that Boston Qualifying time? Are you an experienced runner but want to try something a little more structured and in-depth than your current training program?
The SRA is once again offering a CIM-specific, highly individualized coaching program by SRA coaching staff. It targets and welcomes runners of all ages and speed levels who have serious and specific marathon goals.
Last year’s participants achieved personal best and Boston Marathon qualifying times, and they were unanimous in their praise of the SRA coaching staff’s abilities to inspire and offer coaching customized to their individual needs.
- Program fee: $175. SRA members receive a 10% discount.
- The 15-week program will begin August 24, 2014.
- A mandatory kick-off meeting will be held Wednesday, August 20, 2014 (6:00 pm) at the Sheraton Grand.
- Workouts will be held twice each week.
- CIM date: December 7, 2014
- SRA Head Coach: Scott Abbott
- Program established in 2011
Included in the program:
- Individualized coaching by the experienced Sacramento Running Association’s coaching staff.
- Coaching that will be specific to running the CIM course to help target achieving the participant’s marathon goal finish time.
- Workout locations will vary.
- They will provide training specific to the CIM course.
- This helps to make the workouts fun and interesting.
- Most runs will start at some point along the American River multi-purpose trail.
- Fluids will be provided for weekend workouts.
These are needed to fully participate in the 2014 SRA/CIM Training Program.
- You are able to attend the mandatory kick-off meeting.
- You are able to attend both Wednesday evening AND Sunday morning workouts. This is not an Internet-based program!
- By the beginning of August you are running (not walking) 3-5 days per week and are injury free.
- You will register for and run the CIM.
- You have computer and Internet access for email correspondence with SRA coaches.
The Sacramento Running Association also offers other training opportunities. View them HERE.